Today’s Virtual Assistance Today podcast talks about Blog and Social Media Etiquette for Virtual Professionals.
As Rob Field on Marketing Pop Culture writes in his blog, “…because the barriers to contact are so much lower, manners and discretion become paramount.” Today’s podcast has a few suggestions on participating in social media and blogs while keeping on your best behavior, and not boring or offending any readers in the process.
- Why am I typing? Keeping Up with Social Media – http://www.aysweb.com/?p=580
- Considering Social Network Etiquette – http://www.chrisbrogan.com/considering-social-network-etiquette/
- Rob’s Rules of Social Media Etiquette – http://www.marketingpopculture.com/the_spark/2008/06/robs-rules-on-s.html
- The Comment Etiquette: The Guide to Proper Blog Commenting – http://www.lostartofblogging.com/the-comment-etiquette-the-guide-to-proper-blog-commenting
- Navigating the Etiquette of Social Media – http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/navigating-the-etiquette-of-social-media.html
- Geek to Live: Lifehacker’s guide to weblog comments – http://lifehacker.com/software/top/special-lifehackers-guide-to-weblog-comments-126654.php
- The Perfect Way to Lose at Networking Online – http://www.dumblittleman.com/2008/02/perfect-way-to-lose-at-networking.html
About the author: At Your Service Cincinnati principal & founder Nora Rubinoff’s core services include online business management, event management, project management, customer relationship management, customized e-mail marketing campaigns, social media management, WordPress support, online reputation management, and productivity enhancement. Nora is enthusiastic about architecting solutions that enable clients to make more out of their business day. Nora is a recipient of the Karen S. House Award for Regional Collaboration as well as the Women of Excellence Award, several state and local government proclamations and holds the IVAA EthicsCheck™ certification. Nora serves on the American Lung Association Regional council, and is a past board member for IVAA and The West Chester Liberty Chamber Alliance. Nora is a hiker, biker, stair climber, walker, and an old VW fanatic. She is bi-lingual, speaking both Mac and PC. She resides in West Chester with her husband. Read more from this author