Today’s Virtual Assistance Today podcast talks about Blog and Social Media Etiquette for Virtual Professionals.
As Rob Field on Marketing Pop Culture writes in his blog, “…because the barriers to contact are so much lower, manners and discretion become paramount.” Today’s podcast has a few suggestions on participating in social media and blogs while keeping on your best behavior, and not boring or offending any readers in the process.
- Why am I typing? Keeping Up with Social Media – http://www.aysweb.com/?p=580
- Considering Social Network Etiquette – http://www.chrisbrogan.com/considering-social-network-etiquette/
- Rob’s Rules of Social Media Etiquette – http://www.marketingpopculture.com/the_spark/2008/06/robs-rules-on-s.html
- The Comment Etiquette: The Guide to Proper Blog Commenting – http://www.lostartofblogging.com/the-comment-etiquette-the-guide-to-proper-blog-commenting
- Navigating the Etiquette of Social Media – http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/navigating-the-etiquette-of-social-media.html
- Geek to Live: Lifehacker’s guide to weblog comments – http://lifehacker.com/software/top/special-lifehackers-guide-to-weblog-comments-126654.php
- The Perfect Way to Lose at Networking Online – http://www.dumblittleman.com/2008/02/perfect-way-to-lose-at-networking.html
About the author: Nora has more than three decades of computing, technical and management experience. A Certified Master Virtual Assistant and Graduate Virtual Assistant, and Online Business Manager, Nora is also an expert coach, mentor and instructor for emerging virtual practitioners. Nora is involved in local as well as international professional organizations, including the International Virtual Assistants Association (IVAA), where she is a past board member and web director. Nora is the recipient of the Karen S. House Award for Regional Collaboration, the Member of the Year Award from the West Chester Chamber Alliance and the Women of Excellence Award. She resides in West Chester with her husband Eric and trio of dachshunds. Read more from this author